Also on rt.com
Last week, the world crossed a “grim” milestone, with over a million lives lost to the coronavirus pandemic, the WHO announced.
“Over the years we have had many reports, reviews and recommendations all saying the same thing: the world is not prepared for a pandemic. COVID-19 has laid bare the truth: when the time came, the world was still not ready,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.
He added that the world needs to invest in preparedness, with an all-of-government and all-of-society approach.
Meanwhile, at Monday’s board meeting, in which the US once again complained that China “failed” to provide accurate and timely information on the outbreak, Ryan said the WHO has submitted a list of experts to take part in an international mission for Chinese government approval. The experts will work to investigate the origins of the coronavirus.
If you like this story, share it with a friend!